“Simplicity appears to be a guiding principle for Korwe, since The Core does not require an iPhone or an Android smartphone to run, but is designed to work on the simplest of phones with internet connection.“ itheroes.org.za
Our focus is on the mobile side of the Mobile Enterprise. The technologies we use are bulit around device recognition - but the way we format the data to fit on the server is unique and quite useful.
Our Mobile Enterprise Application Platform (MEAP) was developed to handle the way we manage content delivery to mobiles before Gartner made MEAPs famous. Our content is customised for the channel / handset and personalised for the user.
By using a mobile platform new services can continuously be developed and deployed. Companies have the flexibility to adapt to new handsets without additional development.
Our mobile enterprise application platform allows our corporate clients to create, deploy and manage services to the largest possible device base, whether feature phones or smart phones.
Our products include:
- The Core - Korwe's Mobile Enterprise Application Platform (MEAP) - LGPL or proprietry licensed
- Context Engine - unique and patented
- Mobi Server (based on The Core)
- The Tree (using The Core)
We do not necessarily focus on dotmobi, but feel that it is foolish to write a container for enterprise data that needs to be certified in every App Store. You are entirely at liberty to use our MEAP for delivery of content to Apps and via transport protocols other than HTTP, such as SMS or USSD.
'Korwe is a pioneer in “context” technology, a mixture of geo-location and (more importantly) social context, allowing seamless filtering, security and other important services, as well as automatic personalisation to enhance the mobi site user’s experience.'
This is a unique and patented plugin to the Mobile Platform that offers automation a degree of control that makes services operate seamlessly.
- Used to generate context for transactions
- Assists users in finding the services they require on The Tree
- A unique component; licensed and patented
- A plugin to the Mobile Platform and a back-end service
The generation of context vis-a-vis mobile transactions and the management of social networks is our forte. By creating context around mobile transactions our systems are able to make a number of reasonable decisions on our user's behalf. This module is patented and licensed separately.
Go to Context Engine Demo
What is a Mobi Server?
A 'PEACE OF MIND' SOLUTION IN A BOX
You get a microsever with our mobile platform running on it.
- device recognition
- web server and application server
- startup / shutdown scripts
- The Core
- monitoring and business intelligence
- a few reference services
- Single Sign On
Contact us for a quote. Package includes 12 months of service.
Korwe’s cloud technology is called The Tree
Host your information in a place where it can be accessed easily without overloading your client's mobile device.
CommuniTree is like a virtual, interactive community. It's like using a telephone directory, but this time the directory 'talks' back. For example, you're walking through the streets of your local town/city and you want to get your hair cut, meet a pal for coffee and find out if the local spaza has your favourite brand of soft drink in stock. Instead of hunting around for everyone's phone numbers and raking up a bill, you hop on your CommuniTree mobi site and communicate with all those people effortlessly with a few brief messages. It will be two-way communication where they confirm that they have an opening to cut your hair at 11am, your friend can meet you at 12:30 and in between you can pop in at the local spaza because the Stony Gingerbeer is not only in stock but on special.
"...flexible, extensible Mobile Enterprise Application Platform to allow developers to create powerful and interactive mobi sites that just work"
Companies are able to add services easily because our platform is an integration platform. This means that our platform can deal with your services regardless of the operating system they were written for, and for any web server or front end technology.
Since December 2009, Korwe Software's Mobile Platform (The Core) fell into a class of software recognised by Gartner - this class being the Mobile Enterprise Application Platform (MEAP).
We provide a solution that enables retailers to provide their clients with a host of services already provided on their web site, all optimised for mobile phones.
The mobile web is all about the seamless integration of services. We do this via our workflow and state based control. This is extremely stable and flexible. It lends itself to componentisation and modularity.
We developed a MEAP in order to provide a platform for us to:
- Manage workflow
- Manage a smorgasbord of services (rendered in the web world through AJAX)
- Manage device recognition and customisation
- Manage personalisation
- Provide a singular point for security, monitoring, business intelligence and plugins, like our Context Engine
What is special about our MEAP?
- Message based (XML or json).
- Open source software!
- Handles customisation (for different handsets) and personalisation (for users).
- An enterprise service bus with State and Workflow built into it.
Our MEAP consists of 5 parts:
- The Core - this is an Enterprise Service Bus class of components
- Wap Writer - device recognition and customisation / personalisation
- The Context Engine, Operation Monitoring, Fallout Handling and Business Intelligence
- Reference services
Single Sign On
Personal Information Management
- The Logic - Workflow and State
Typical customers = Enterprises with a retail base